Our mission is to end the use of primates in biomedical and harmful behavioral experimentation.We propose that UCLA adopt the following policies:
1.UCLA will not obtain or breed any nonhuman primate for any purpose.
2. No new animal protocol involving the use of any living or dead nonhuman primate will be approved, and no existing animal protocol involving the use of any living or dead nonhuman primate will be renewed.
3. All living nonhuman primates subject to UCLA’s control and discretion, but not included under a currently active protocol, will immediately be granted permanent “outgoing” status.
4. All currently approved protocols involving nonhuman primates will be postponed pending to proceed without the use of nonhuman primates. All currently assigned nonhuman primates will be immediately assigned “outgoing” status.
5. UCLA will actively search for a sanctuary for any primate with “outgoing” status as soon as “outgoing” status is granted.
The animal will be humanely transported to the sanctuary as soon as the retirement agreement has been reached.
6. An animal will only be retired to a sanctuary that is accredited by The Association of Sanctuaries.